Tuesday 26 July 2011

Why aren't I a size 8 swimsuit model?

I think I can answer my own question.... I never have been one.

I don't think I have ever been a size 8 in my adult life but I offen wonder why that is. My Dad had always said "YOU CAN'T BREED RACE HORSES FROM CLYSDALES". So maybe a little of it comes from your genes. Both my parents are extreamly fit people but never have been naturally slim people. They have given up the life of having a car and turning to the road bike since I was 15.... but that's another story.

My parents had a rule when we were growing up that we always had a to be playing a sport. Didn't matter what it was or what time of year it was we had to be doing something. My brothers played cricket in the summer and footy in the winter. My sister and I played netball nearly all year round and I did a few extra things like gymnastics, diving and gaelic footy. I will continue this rule with my kids as it has been something I have carried on as an adult and realising the importance of being fit and healthy.

So I come back to my original question.  
I have no desire to be a size 8 swimsuit model, quite frankly I wouldn't be able to maintain it. I also want to eat carbs if I want to, tuna salad everyday would drive me nuts, I don't have 8 hours a day to work out in the gym and I don't want to be grumpy all day coz I'm hungry.  These are the steps I would have to take to get to size 8 as weight loss for me has never been easy.
However I lead a pretty healthy life, but can't seem to lose the next 3kg.

The things in my life that aren't helping me lose the next 3kg
- If there is any junk food in my house I have to eat it so it's gone.
- Parties, gatherings.... I eat whatever, without thinking.
- Bikkies with my night cup of tea.
- BREAD.... bakery foods...ahhhh

Things that are helping me lose my next 3kg (hopefully)
- I exercise at least 3 times a week, high intensity.
- I cut back on the Diet Cokes (my favorite thing in the whole wide world).
- upped the amount of waterI drink... maybe 1.5- 2lt a day.
- I don't shop down the confectionery isle in the supermarket.
- We eat takeway maybe once a fortnight... no Maccas, or fast food. Maybe Thai or Malaysian.

Oh well I battle on. I fear if I give up, the weight adds up. Least it gives me something to do ; )

Kerryn

No comments:

Post a Comment