Wednesday 20 July 2011

I've been to paradise.....

In my former life, BC (before children), I was lucky to be given the opportunity to live, work and travel overseas. I lived in England for 2 years and travelled to 33 countries in 2 years. I went to 26 states in America and of those 33 countries I have been to 6 of those twice.

One of my favourite songs is ''Never been to me'' by Charlene Duncan. For you that don't know the song it's the opening song from the movie Priscilla queen of the desert, or you can do what I love to do and Youtube it.

I feel this song is the story of my travelling life and I have been and done most of the things done in this song.

I've been to Georgia and and California and everywhere I could run,
Took the hand of a preacher man and we made love in the sun


I've been to Neice and the Isle of Greece
While I've sipped Champagne on the Yatch
Moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo 
and showed them what I've got.


I've been undressed by kings and seen some things
that a woman aint supposed to see
I've been to paradise but I've never been to me.



This is a really beautiful song with a beautiful message. With this past life I also get to be the lady in the song that has the wondeful hubby and the babies.

What's your favourite song that I can youtube?

No comments:

Post a Comment