Monday 18 July 2011

Running Melbourne

I took part in the Run Melbourne fun run yesterday. I was doing the 10km run which was my 2nd 10km fun run. My aims for the run was to A) finish the run without walking. B) try and beat my old time of 1hr and 2mins and 24secs. C) try and enjoy the run around some of the most beautiful land marks in Melbourne.


Melbourne really turned on the weather for us (thank God), it was sunny and fresh with no rain. I felt good throughout the whole run. However found the course frustrating as I didn't know it off by heart so didn't really know how much further I had to go. The run finished at Fed square. So when we came around the corner I saw Fed square and was delighted however we seemed to be running in the other direction. Oh well I got there is the end which I have never been so happy to see the finish line.

I got a time of 59.36 which I was over the moon about. I never thought I had it in me to get under an hour. My hubby and 2 daughters were at the finish line cheering me on and enjoying all the free stuff they could get their hands on.

Feeling stuffed and relieved and excited all at the same time. I went home, sat on the couch, got online and entered myself in the next 10km fun run in 5 weeks. Addicted perhaps???

Oh and I ran the whole way and didn't have anything in me left at the end.

Kerryn

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I would love to be able to do a 'fun' run. Thinking about the spring series that starts on Sept 18, so better get moving! Following along now, happy to have found you!

    ReplyDelete