Tuesday 28 June 2011

Created 2 Monsters

When I had kids, one of my first priorities was I wanted them to be good swimmers. So with that in mind I took Tess swimming from 12 weeks old each week. I did a step by step intro course online so I kind of knew what I was doing. It just taught me how to go about putting her head under water and how she learnt to hold her breath as a baby.

I did this with Jaz as well at 12 weeks (but not a regually, poor second child), she has also taken to swimming like a fish to water. So it's all not hunky dory in the crazy swimming girls world, for their poor parents. I now have 2 exteamly confident children around water who want to be into it no matter what. No matter who is with them or not, who don't want to be held in deep water, who don't know the dangers that they are in.

   So I have created 2 monsters which makes my life no so fun. It's now hard work when I want to take them swimming on my own. Tess wants to jump in the deep end and not stay in the kiddy pool, Jaz is only happy when she is putting her face in the water.

I guess you have to be careful what you wish for.

Kerryn



Jaz learning from the best

Tess with Daddy
Is always keen to go swimming


So Tess took swimming like a fish to water : P
  
She would swim anywhere, anytime. 

1 comment:

  1. My monsters are the opposite, they can swim but know their limitations and are happy just splashing about so I feel confident that they won't go too nuts. Maybe one day they will love to swim, but now I am happy not to have to go to the pool often!

    ReplyDelete